Coronavirus Update April 18, 2020
Coregas New Zealand Ltd, as a member of the Wesfarmers group, values its customers, employees and community’s safety. Considering the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), many businesses are confronted with unprecedented challenges.
Coregas is taking actions to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, clients, guests, suppliers and contractors. In addition to these responsibilities, we provide essential services to many businesses that operate in Australia and New Zealand. We recognise that there are other critical processes that we support including pharmaceuticals, food, utilities, aerospace and hygiene that rely on continued supply of products.
We continue to monitor and follow NZ Government Health Guidelines in managing through this crisis period and we will keep our customers with the updates as the situation evolves.
We can appreciate that our customers are also confronted with these new challenges. The following provides insight into the steps we are taking to ensure there is minimal impact to our supply chain:
- Coregas has revised and updated its Business Continuity Plans given the circumstances specific to the COVID-19 outbreak. We have implemented the first phase of this plan.
- While we are currently pleased that we have no cases of COVID-19, we are managing our staff to ensure we reduce the impact of any potential incident by facilitating rotating rosters for working from home with staff where possible.
- Personal Protective Equipment standards have been updated and mitigations implemented to minimise current sanitary risks.
- All staff, including our operations teams are being arranged such that they are practicing social distancing guidelines as provided by the World Health Authority (WHO). We are also mobilising our staff through staggered shifts and working from home arrangements
- At this stage, our commitment to servicing the markets we serve will continue. We expect minimal impact to serving our compressed and bulk customer requirements.
Zero Contact Delivery
- To minimise potential exposure to the virus, we are enforcing “No Signature” deliveries. This will require the driver to sign on behalf of the recipient. Our drivers will record the name of the recipient collecting the delivery as proof of delivery.
- Coregas has updated its Terms and Conditions to reflect this process change during this unprecedented situation.
- Dependent upon official guidance, we may at some point in the future take the step of discontinuing the facility to pick up gas cylinders from our premises and distribution partners. We will endeavor to provide as much notice as possible should we need to take this step. Gas will still be available via our normal delivery process.
We are confident that in time the pandemic will pass, and we will get back to business as usual. In the meantime, we must all maintain close communications.
If you have any questions, please email COVID19support@coregas.com and our dedicated team will endeavor to address your enquiries.